Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Our Week - The One with Quarantine, Week 46 (Getting Stuff Done)

*This post contains affiliate links.  As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Last week was uber productive, and I just love weeks like that!  Let’s get to the recap!

Monday, January 25 (Day 318 of Quarantine)

Monday was one of the most productive days I’ve had in a long time.  I dropped the kids at school, got in a workout, and somehow managed to finish all of my blog posts for the rest of the week, pay a couple of bills, place a Target order, make an appointment that’s been on my list for a while, scan some more old pictures my Dad gave to me, get some papers filed, wash and fold four loads of laundry, and tie up a bunch of other loose ends, plus I got the DVD dresser, coffee table, entertainment center, side tables, wine rack, and bathroom all cleaned out and organized.  Granted, those are some of the quickest and easiest things to clean out, but they’re done, nonetheless.

I’m telling y’all, I was on FIRE Monday, and somehow, I wasn’t exhausted at the end of the day… nor did I feel rushed at all throughout the day.  Time just seemed to miraculously stretch on affording me the opportunity to cross a ton of things off my list.  It felt great after a slow start to the month.

I also had some time to catch up with one of my girlfriends whom I hadn’t spoken to in a few weeks.  I’m used to seeing her at least once a month for lunch and/or dinner (used to be weekly before we had kids), and it was nice to text with her.  We shoot each other random quick texts every now and then but haven’t actually chatted about life in general in a while, so it was long overdue. 

The weather was also gorgeous on Monday – partly sunny and 73 degrees – so the kids played outside all afternoon when they got home from school.  I made chicken alfredo and broccoli for dinner, the kids lay in sleeping bags while I read to them, and then B and I watched The Bachelor after the kids went to bed.  Not too shabby for a Monday!  Not too shabby at all. 

Tuesday, January 26 (Day 319 of Quarantine)

Tuesday, I worked all morning, visited with my therapist via Zoom at lunchtime, and then spent the afternoon shopping for some new lamps for our living room.  The lamps that we had were a bit outdated since they were a wedding gift 13 years ago, and I’ve been wanting some new ones for a couple of years.  The switch on one of them went out a few months ago and has been having issues since, so it was time for a new set.  I checked Target and a couple of places online last week, but couldn’t find exactly what I wanted, so I decided to go out and hunt for some in person. 

I ended up going to Hobby Lobby, Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, Kirkland’s, Kohl’s, and another TJ Maxx location and, y’all, I found NOTHING.  Most of the places barely even had any lamps at all, and the ones that did had absolutely nothing that I would have put in my house.  The second TJ Maxx location had this set of two Safavieh lamps for $80 (a major steal since they retail for $190.99 per set), but I just wasn’t 100% sold on the style. 

After striking out right and left all afternoon, though, I just decided to grab them anyway and see how they looked in the living room since it would have been no problem to return them if we didn’t like them.  However, the checkout line was horrendous, and it was time to get the kids from school, so I decided to leave without them.  There were at least 20-25 people in line which is so bizarre for a random Tuesday afternoon, especially since the holidays are over.  I was thinking I’d probably regret not getting them (y’all know how quickly things get snatched up at TJM!!), but I never did, so that let me know that I wasn’t really that into them anyway. 

Tuesday afternoon was homework and indoor play since it was raining, and then we had tacos for dinner.  B had a big project for work, so he worked on and off all evening, I squeezed in some reading while the kids got ready for bed, and then the kids and I read books together in Olivia’s bed.  B and I got all caught up on All American, and then watched an episode of New Girl and The Good Place before calling it a night. 

Wednesday, January 27 (Day 320 of Quarantine)

Wednesday was another dreary/rainy day, so I worked all morning in my office, and I also did some more lamp shopping online.  I considered going to Macy’s, Lowe’s, and Home Depot to look at their selection, but I just didn’t feel like getting out in the rain again.  I ended up finding these on Target.com and I loooove them!  These were the original ones that I added to my Amazon wish list a few months ago, but then the price skyrocketed, and I didn’t want to spend that much money.  Target had them on sale + I got an additional 5% off with my Red Card, so it was a no brainer, and I went ahead and bought them.

Wednesday afternoon, I got the rest of my clothes photographed to put on Poshmark, and then while Olivia was at dance, I got them all listed.  Wednesday evening, my new frames arrived from Target, and I was able to get them loaded with pictures from our last beach trip and set up on the mantle.  Our old frames were mismatched and two of them were broken, so it’s nice to have everything looking so fresh and so clean!  Last week was definitely a productive week, knocking out so many little projects here and there!

Wednesday evening after dinner and showers, the kids and I spent about 45 minutes Facetiming with my parents.  We have all been missing them so much, and it was much needed.

Thursday, January 28 (Day 321 of Quarantine)

Thursday, I dropped the kids at school and worked out, and then I spent the rest of the day working on blog posts for the next week.  I got tons done, and again, it was a very productive day.  This girl loves spending time with her Mommy in her office… and she also loves stealing her Mommy’s heated blanket!

It was beautiful outside on Thursday, although pretty chilly, but the kids spent loads of time outside after homework was done while I cooked and decorated for Valentine’s Day.

After dinner, Olivia wanted to put on a show for us, so we watched her do some ballet and tap and jazz moves.  She’s gotten really serious about dance this year, and she’s been practicing a lot more at home, including putting in some extra time stretching so she can perfect her splits.  She has been completely obsessed with practicing those splits!

Friday, January 29 (Day 322 of Quarantine)

Friday, I worked the day away while watching Dawson’s Creek, and I have been loving every single second of the nostalgia of it all.  Looking back, some parts are a little cheesy, and everything that happens is obviously overly dramatic, but my goodness, it was such a good show!  I was definitely the perfect age for it when it aired the first time (I was 15).

My little sidekick has definitely discovered the goodness that is a heated blanket, and she parked herself in my lap and didn’t move for hours.  I finally had to hand the blanket over to her and let her get in her bed, because my legs went numb from not getting up for so long.  Haha.

Friday afternoon, I got to the school a little early because I had to pick up our goodies for the virtual ball for Saturday night.  We have been attending this same benefit ball for the past 12 years, and it’s always one of my favorite nights of the year.  We get to get super dressed up, eat a delicious dinner, and then dance the night away.  This picture just showed up in my Timehop this week and I cannot even tell y’all how sad I am that Covid ruined this for us this year.  

The school opted to make the ball virtual this year (obviously), so we went ahead and bought tickets to show our support, and in turn, we received some macarons and a special cocktail recipe from one of the best chefs in the city so we could enjoy those while we watched the presentation.  I had to pick up the macarons and the recipe card before getting in the car line, and then I grabbed the kids and we headed home.

Friday evening, B picked up pizza from a local Italian restaurant that we love and hadn’t been to since before the pandemic started.  They’ve been doing curbside takeout this whole time and they’re, like, seven minutes from our house, so I don’t know why we haven’t thought to get food from there!  We typically get some kind of pasta when we go, but this time we opted for pizza since we thought it would be better to go, and oh my word, it was delicious!  The pizzas are kind of small there, so we also got an order of the roasted goat cheese marinara and bread, and oh my word, we will definitely be doing that again!  So dang good.  The kids weren’t interested in pizza (WHAT?!), so they made their own little cheese plates.

After dinner, we popped some popcorn, put a fire in the fireplace, and watched Penguins of Madagascar (spinoff of Madagascar).  B and I weren’t super stoked about the movie choice and I ended up falling asleep on the couch. 

The kids had been begging all week to have a sleepover, so we let them have one Friday night.  They both dragged their sleeping bags into Jacob’s room, and were out like lights in about 30 minutes.  Normally when they sleep in each other’s rooms, they goof off and act up for hours and we have to tell them constantly to go to sleep, so Friday night they must have both been exhausted. 

After they went to bed, B and I watched several episodes of New Girl and The Good Place and then went to bed.

Saturday, January 30 (Day 323 of Quarantine)

Saturday morning, I woke up on the struggle bus after not getting a great night’s sleep.  There was a wreck on the main road just outside our neighborhood around 2 AM, and supposedly someone took out an electric pole.  Because of that, our power kept going off and on, and every time it would come back on, the house alarm would chime until B got up to shut it off.  That lasted for a about two-ish hours, and at the time, we had no clue what was going on… we didn’t find out about the wreck until Saturday morning.

I made homemade waffles for breakfast, got in an hour-long cardio workout, and then headed outside to blow bubbles with Olivia while Brian and Jacob practiced for baseball tryouts.  It was coooold Saturday morning, so Olivia and I didn’t last long outside, and we both headed in after 30 minutes to play cards.  She learned how to play Go Fish, and she can’t get enough. 

We all had a light lunch, and then afterward, Brian and Jacob headed to baseball tryouts.  They are still following strict guidelines for Covid, and they asked that all parents stay in their vehicles during tryouts, so Olivia and I didn’t bother going since we’d have to stay in the car.  It was a bummer to not be able to watch this year. 

While they were gone, Olivia helped me clean my makeup brushes, and then we played Go Fish the rest of the time per her request.  I’m positive we got in at least 15-20 games, and she whooped me in most of them… I swear, she is the luckiest little thing!

When the boys got home, they told us all about tryouts, and they said Jacob did well.  Now we’re just waiting to hear which team he’s on and who he will have as a coach, and practice will probably start very soon.  This is his first year of B-ball, but thankfully, there were many kids from his two previous C-ball teams who moved up to B-ball with him this year.  At least he’ll see some familiar faces.

Saturday afternoon, I squeezed in some work, and then we got takeout from Chipotle and watched our benefit ball virtually.  The presentation was just under 30 minutes, and then we watched E.T. for family movie night.  Y’all, I have never liked that movie… when I was little it scared the stew out of me, and I still find it to be super creepy and a little traumatic to this day.  The kids both said that they enjoyed it, but Olivia buried her face in my arm several times during the super sad parts, so I’m not convinced she loved it all that much.  She seemed a little upset by it which is exactly how I always felt.

The kids opted to do another slumber party Saturday night, this time in Olivia’s room, and that was probably a good thing since we’d just watched that movie.  I’m not sure Olivia would have been very excited to be in her bed alone in the dark after that.  After they were in bed, B and I watched more of our shows and then headed to bed. 

Sunday, January 31 (Day 324 of Quarantine)

Sunday was rainy all day long, so we were stuck inside.  We watched church virtually, and then after church, my new lamps delivered (strange since it was Sunday), so I spent the next hour assembling them and rearranging everything on the tables to make room for them.  They’re significantly larger than the old ones, and they have quite a commanding presence, so some of the knick-knacks had to be cleared from the end tables so they didn’t look too cluttered. 

Here's the before...

And here's the after!

Olivia and I read together while Jacob did some homework, and then we all had a light lunch together.  Olivia requested that we play Go Fish again after lunch (LOL), so we squeezed in two games before I did a workout.  We usually go on a long walk on Sundays, and it was a bummer to not be able to do that last weekend.

The rest of the day was spent the same way every Sunday is spent – doing a little work while the kids played video games, prepping for back-to-school on Monday, making breakfast for dinner, and getting to bed at a decent time to get the week started on the right foot!

And that’s a wrap on our week!


  1. Linds! We watched E.T. the same night! We should have called each other to start it at the exact. same. time. like we used to with R+J. Anyhoo - ET was a ROLLER COASTER of emotion for the boys. I don't remember poor ET laying lifeless in that ditch on the side of the road, and they both cried. :(

  2. My girls and I need to play Go Fish. We have the game, but haven't played yet. And we need to play our Monopoly game that they got for Christmas as well. You were on a roll this week. Getting lots of things done!

  3. Don't you just love a good productive week????

  4. What a Monday! You were so on fire! ET is a scary movie to me! I love playing go fish with my nieces, they love it too. The lamps look great!

  5. My younger sister used to watch ET every single day when she was in Pre-k or Kindergarten and cried every single time! It was the cutest thing. She loved the movie and was always so upset when ET died.

    1. Oh my goodness, that is so funny and sad and cute all at the same time. That movie is truly SO upsetting!

  6. Way to be productive! Annabelle and Autumn always have sleepover on the weekend, as well as during any break. They love it so much. I only hope they stay close as they grow up. Also, I don't know what's going to happen once Aubrie is old enough to participate.

  7. You got it done last week, my goodness! Sounds like a really good one. I absolutely LOVE the lamps. I know you were super bummed to miss the ball, but it's really neat that they still made it special with little treats. I hope this week is going just as good!


Thank you for taking the time to comment... I read and respond to each and every one! However, if you are a no-reply blogger (meaning that your email address is not connected to your Blogger account), I will not be able to reply to you directly via email... you will have to check back on the blog post for a response!