Thursday, June 13, 2024

Our Week - The One with Summer, Week 2 (Back from the Beach and Two Birthday Celebrations)

I’m popping in today with a very rare Thursday post since I have so much to catch up on!  Last week, we spent the whole week at the beach, but we got back Saturday at lunchtime, so I’m just recapping the weekend after we got back!  I’ll be recapping the beach trip separately, so stay tuned for that.

Saturday, June 8

Saturday, we arrived back in town just in time to pick up Chick-Fil-A for lunch and take it home.  After we were done eating, B unpacked the car, and I got straight to work unpacking, doing laundry, putting things away, and getting settled back in after the trip.  I ended up doing nine loads of laundry by the end of the night, so it was a very productive day. 

In between laundry loads, I also spent time getting the pictures off of my phone, sorting them, deleting the bad ones, aaaannnnd emailing myself every single video that I took on the trip because the videos still won’t transfer from my phone to my computer.  Sigh. 

Brian’s sister and our nephew both had birthdays/have birthdays coming up, so Brian and the kids headed out at 5:15 to meet them + my father-in-law for an early dinner.  I decided to stay behind because I didn’t want to leave Maui again.  She does well when we’re gone, usually, but this time she struggled for the first couple of days not wanting to eat or drink, and I just couldn’t bear the thought of leaving her again after having just come home to her. 

So, after B and the kids left, Maui and I continued to do laundry and work on pictures, and I got caught up on my Bible study, prayer journal, gratitude journal, and devotional.  I took all of them with me to the beach and did them most days while we were there, so there wasn’t much to catch up on!

Around 7, I ordered a pizza from the local pizza place we frequent after church because my extended family had gone to church and they were meeting there afterward.  Again, I didn’t want to leave Maui for a long time to go to church or eat with them, but I knew she’d be fine long enough for me to swing by and grab the pizza, and I was able to say hi to my fam as well while I was there.

When I got home, I ate my pizza while I unloaded the dishwasher and put everything away, and then I got back to the laundry.  B and the kids came home shortly after, and by the time they got home, I was pretty much done with the unpacking and laundry.  The blog stuff, however, was a sinking boat at that point (I still hadn’t even finished emailing myself all of the videos since it’s so time consuming), so I decided to let it go and relax.

We all got into PJs, and then we settled in for a little bit of America’s Got Talent before sending the kids to bed.  B and I stayed up for a bit longer, watching another episode of Eric that we’d started before we left, and then we got to sleep in our own beds (with freshly washed sheets!) that night!  Woo hoo!

Sunday, June 9

Sunday morning, we got up and had cinnamon rolls, and then it was a pretty standard Sunday morning after that.  I made a meal plan and grocery list for the next two weeks, I worked on getting my planner ready for the week (the upcoming week was bonkers), and then I watched my Sunday sermon and did yoga. 

By the time all of that was done, it was time to get ready for the day and head to my MIL and step-FIL’s for lunch.  They ended up calling and saying they were running 30 minutes behind, so I used the extra 30 minutes to start a blog post, and then we headed over there to celebrate my sister-in-law and nephew for their birthdays again.

At 3:15, we left their house and headed straight to one of our local breweries, because my friend, Khristina, was doing another pop-up shop for the local bookstore she’s opening soon.  She has done several popups already, but we weren’t able to attend due to other obligations, so I was so excited to finally get to get over there and support her! 

By the time we arrived, they’d been at it for an hour and a half, and they’d had such a successful turnout that their selection was dwindling.  She didn’t have any of the books that I wanted to buy, so I grabbed the cutest mug instead.  And we let the kids each pick out an item, too.

My friend, Heather, and her daughter had met us there, too, so we let the kids play a couple of rounds of foosball, and then we headed home.  I would have loved to stay longer and hang out, but I had a million things to do before we went to my parents’ house for Sunday dinner.

Since we got home so late, I only had about an hour to get stuff done, so I got focused and cranked out as much as possible.  Most of it involved emailing more pictures to myself, and I also worked on my blog post for Tuesday.

We headed to my parents in the evening for dinner, and my Momma had made a new pasta recipe plus the delicious bacon and onion green beans she makes plus some delicious seasoned carrots she makes.  We had that with some garlic cheese bread, and then there was chocolate cake with whipped caramel on top for dessert. 

After eating (and drinking) so much at the beach all week and then coming home to two home-cooked meals, we were all positively stuffed.

When we got home, we got the kids in the bed since they’d had so many late nights, and then Brian and I watched one more episode of Eric before heading upstairs to read and call it a night!

Happy Thursday, y’all!


  1. What a great and productive weekend coming back from vacation!

    1. It sure was! NINE loads of laundry in one day! I think that might be my personal record. Haha.

  2. I wish I could visit your friend's bookstore!

    1. I wish you could, too! When she opens it, I'll have to post some pictures!


Thank you for taking the time to comment... I read and respond to each and every one! However, if you are a no-reply blogger (meaning that your email address is not connected to your Blogger account), I will not be able to reply to you directly via email... you will have to check back on the blog post for a response!