Thursday, April 11, 2024

Our Week - The One with Getting Home from Disney and My Birthday

Last week, we spent the majority of the week at Disney World for spring break, but I couldn’t let our weekend go by undocumented because… it was my birthday weekend!

Saturday, April 6

Saturday, we got home from Disney a little after 4, and I hit the ground running.  I am not the type of person who waits to unpack.  It’s literally the first thing I do when we get home from every single trip… I cannot rest until it’s all done.  For the rest of the evening I unpacked, I got pretty much everything put away, and I did four or five loads of laundry… there were so many I lost track! 

Meanwhile, the kids got unpacked and Brian headed to my mother-in-law’s to pick up Maui since they had kept her for us on this trip.  We were all SO excited to see her when she came through the door.  It’s always hard to leave her behind, but now that she’s getting older, it’s getting harder and harder.

For dinner, Brian picked up pizza from my favorite local place, and he swung by Domino’s to pick up pizza for the kids since they don’t like the pizza at my favorite place.  They’re crazy because it is the best.  Haha.  And apparently, spoiled, too, since Brian made a special trip for them.  Hahahaha.  Domino’s is in the same shopping center area as the other place, though, so it wasn’t that big of a deal.

After dinner, I went right back to unpacking, organizing, and folding and putting away laundry, and I ended up working on that until we got the kids in the bed.  They’re still watching A Series of Unfortunate Events, and it doesn’t interest me in the least, so I decided to skip the family TV time to get things done.  I knew we wouldn’t have much time on Sunday to be productive, so I wanted to get as much done Saturday as possible.

After the kids went to bed, B and I watched some of American Idol that we’d missed from the previous week, and I promptly passed out on the couch.  There’s no tired like Disney tired!


Sunday, April 7

Sunday morning, we slept in for the first time in over a week, and it was soooo wonderful.  I made homemade waffles for breakfast per Olivia’s request, and then I did my Sunday morning routine – online sermon, prepping my planner for the week ahead, and yoga.  That yoga workout felt extra good on Sunday after all of that walking we did.  My muscles were soooo tight and it felt amazing to stretch them all out.

I also started the process of transferring the pictures and videos from our trip from my phone to my computer, and as always, I had tons of trouble.  It ended up wasting so much time and it took up the rest of my morning.

At lunchtime, we headed to my mother-in-law’s and step-father-in-law's house for Sunday lunch and to celebrate my birthday!  They had made all of my favorite things – cheesy chicken, lawnmower potatoes, and macaroni and cheese + various other veggies that they chose, and then we had dirt cake for my birthday dessert.  It’s always been one of my favorites.  And that was a bonus for Olivia because that’s her favorite dessert of all-time.  She was THRILLED.

After dessert, I opened presents, and then we sat around the table for the rest of the afternoon chatting and telling them about our trip.  Brian also helped his mom get her Apple Car Play set up because she just got a new vehicle after 20 years of driving the same car, and she obviously didn’t have that technology back then.

We headed home after that, and got home a little later than usual, so I didn’t have much time to get stuff done.  Unfortunately, I had to fight with my Disney PhotoPass pictures, too.  They’re usually super easy to grab from the website and download to my computer, but for some reason, their system was having issues, so I let Brian deal with it because I was still wanting to throw something at the computer from earlier when I had to deal with the mess of getting pictures off of my phone.  Lol.

While he did that, I started sorting through the 500 pictures and videos I had taken and I realized that a bunch of them had downloaded in the wrong order (SIGH), so I had to go one by one through my phone and the computer to make sure they matched, and then change the file names if they didn’t so they would be in order.  Plus, some were missing altogether, so I had to email them one by one to myself.  BLESS.

I was so ready to head to my parents’ house for Sunday dinner by the time that rolled around… if I had sat at the computer any longer, I would have probably taken my laptop and thrown it out the window.  Haha. 

My Momma had made all of my favorites for my birthday – meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and these roasted carrots with Boursin cheese that she makes that are ah-mazing.  Plus, a Funfetti cake for dessert!!  I’ve been having that as my birthday dessert with my family most years since I was seven years old!  And it has to be the Pillsbury box mix made exactly the way it says to make it on the box.  I would rather have that over a custom/homemade cake any day.  It’s one of my favorite desserts EVER. 

We spent the rest of the evening hanging out and chatting, and then we headed home at 8 to get the kids in bed at a decent hour since we were all still recovering from the trip.  After the kids went to bed, I had to wrap up a few more tasks, and then Brian and I watched a little more of American Idol before heading to bed.

It was a whirlwind of a weekend once we got home from Disney, but it was a good one!

Happy Thursday, y’all!


  1. I am the same way with unpacking after a trip! So sorry to hear about all the photo troubles; that is so frustrating.

  2. YES! This is exactly what everyone else recommended when I posted on IG!


Thank you for taking the time to comment... I read and respond to each and every one! However, if you are a no-reply blogger (meaning that your email address is not connected to your Blogger account), I will not be able to reply to you directly via email... you will have to check back on the blog post for a response!