1 box strawberry cake mix
1 egg lightly beaten
8 oz. tub of Cool Whip
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheets and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, and cool whip.
4. Pick up dough by the tablespoon, roll into balls, and then roll in the powdered sugar. Be extremely generous with the sugar… you want to make sure that each ball is completely coated. And do note that the dough will be really sticky. It’s kind of tough getting the balls covered in the sugar at first, but you’ll get the hang of it quickly.
5. Place balls of sugar rolled dough on cookie sheets and slightly pat them flat. You can even sprinkle some extra powdered sugar on the tops if you want to. :o)
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
This recipe makes 18-24 cookies depending on the size. I accidentally made some huge ones in this batch and it made 18 cookies. The bigger the better when we’re talking about cookies, though, right? ;o)
You guys, these things are incredibly light and fluffy yet chewy, and they have the perfect amount of crispness just around the edges. I honestly feel like I could eat half of the batch in one sitting… not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, though!
These are perfect to send to school with your children’s valentines and they are also perfect for any other Valentine’s Day parties or events. I mean, look how pretty they are! And strawberry-flavored? Well, it doesn’t get more Valentine’s Day festive than that!
*Linking up with Our Pretty Little Girls for Tuesday Talk.